Vitamin C: the low-key vitamin with the high-key benefits. Vitamin C is a much-needed vitamin by our body as it doesn’t produce it itself. It is available for use in various forms, natural as in Orange Juice or human made like chewable pills and serums. If you’ve been in the skincare game, you must have heard about vitamin C serums. To make sure your vitamin C targets your skin specifically, using it via serums or applying topically to skin shows visible benefits.
Vitamin C is touted as the best anti-ageing ingredient in the beauty industry. It promotes collagen production, which strengthens skin. It diminishes fine lines and promotes youthful skin. It is antioxidant in nature, which means it helps fight free radicals. It also helps brighten skin as it inhibits melanin production, gets rid of brown spots, and cures hyperpigmentation.
Invest in having only the best vitamin C skincare products to maintain a smooth, radiant complexion.
Say bye to skin problems with any of the following Vitamin C Serums:
- Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% by The Ordinary: we’re starting with the most inexpensive one from our list, this product is infamous for transforming acne infected skin to flawless, smooth and glowing. This vitamin C suspension contains the real deal “L-Ascorbic Acid” that visibly reduces fine lines andbrightens skin. The 2% Hyaluronic acid hydrates skin and makes it flawless and smooth.
- Pixi by Petra: Vitamin C Tonic: toners are a great vitamin C skin care product. This exclusive line by Pixi called “Skintreats” is a Godsend. Hydration, pore minimization, reduction in fine lines, sun damage repair and skin brightening – there’s nothing this product can’t do. This tonic also contains potent ingredients like Willow Bark and fruit extracts to act as gentle exfoliators that slough off dead skin. Also, it has Aloe Vera Extract to calm and hydrate distressed skin. Pair this toner with another vitamin C skin care product to see lasting results.
- Mario Badescu’s Hydro Moisturizer with Vitamin C: this lightweight, hydrating moisturizer by Mario Badescu is a definite “re-buy.”The presence of Vitamin C brightens our skin while getting rid of the texture and damage done by sun exposure. It also contains Vitamin E and Squalane that nourish, hydrate and lock in moisture.
- Vitamin C Serum by Mad Hippie: Got mature skin? Mad Hippie has your back. As mentioned, Vitamin C is a potent anti-ageing agent. It lessens wrinkles and gives you a radiant appearance. Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid and Ferulic Acid are other ingredients it houses. They boost moisture and treat different skin ailments such as dryness and flakiness, especially as temperatures drop.
- Vitamin Nectar Glow Moisturizer by Fresh: as the name implies this is a vitamin-packed moisturizer. A multivitamin pill but for your skin. The vitamin nectar consists of Vitamins C, E, B5 and fruit extracts. These wake up our dull skin and help us feel refreshed. Glucosyl Hesperidin is another potent ingredient, a flavonoid that beats tired skin and nourishes it. This product by Fresh is a must-have vitamin c skin care product!
- Peter Thomas Roth: Potent-C Vitamin C Targeted Spot Brightener: Vitamin C skincare products are infamous for treating dark spots and discolouration. Potent-C has a unique form of Vitamin C: “10% THD Ascorbate” this is 50 times more potent in brightening and fighting anti-ageing effects on the skin. THD Ascorbate is known as the “gold standard” of vitamin C. Potent-C further enhances its development by the presence of Gwennis (a type of brown algae), Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid. All work together to keep your skin firm, lean and youthful.
- C-Tango Multivitamin Eye cream by Drunk Elephant: C- our skin starts to lose elasticity and firmness, and we enter our 30’s. This multivitamin cream features five variations of vitamin C that target the soft skin around our eyes; Vitamin E that protects against environmental stressors. Superoxide Dismutase to combat free radicals and an 8-peptide blend that improves fine lines. Tango is a powerful vitamin c skincare product and very much needed by our skin.
- Dermalogica’s BioLumin-C vitamin C eye serum: our list would not be complete without featuring a product by Dermalogica. This eye serum is powered by a rich vitamin C complex that targets skin brightness, dark circles and discolouration near your eyes. The serum also targets fine lines and repairs free radical damage. The presence of Chia seed oil and Tremella Mushroom Extract hydrate, tighten and reduce wrinkles and dark eyespots. It is friendly on mature skin and makes it look looked after.
- Sunday Rileys CEO 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum: Another serum that features the “gold standard” of Vitamin C. Anti-inflammatory, Anti-ageing and anti-oxidant; this CEO serum penetrates deep into the skin to diminish dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines. It also contains Saccharide Isomerate Extract, which minimizes pores while strengthening the skin’s natural moisture barrier. Invest in this product to make your skin glow like a CEO.
- ● Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C and 10% AHA by Tatcha: the last vitamin C skin care product on our list is by the one and only Tatcha! Tatcha pairs vitamin C with ancient Japanese beautyberry. These ingredients are like a power couple and together maximize skin brightness, protect against free radicals and support cell turnover rate. It also features fruit AHAs that gently exfoliate skin and even out texture. The Japanese angelica root boosts complexion and works on reducing acne scars and dark spots. The serum also supports UV damage and environmental damage repair, along with an increase in collagen production. Tatcha is dedicated to perfection, and this serum by them is as close to perfection you can get.
The Bottom Line: These amazing Vitamin C skincare products recommended by MIRA BEAUTY are an excellent boost to add to your skincare routine. Whether you have mature skin or just entered your tweens, you are sure to find a product in the above list that meets your skin care needs and just might be what you need to give your skin that much-needed oomph with some help from Vitamin C skincare!
Angela is a senior editor at Dreniq News. She has written for many famous news agencies.